Art and Design
To deliver the art specific content set out in the national curriculum.
We implement this through:
- exposing children to a progressive range of art specific vocabulary
- exposing children to a diverse range of artists
- engaging children in a range of skill based activities with a variety of materials and mediums
- giving children the opportunities to experience art outside the classroom
For our pupils to:
- have a raised cultural capital
- be able to understand and use art specific vocabulary
- have mastery of a range of artistic skills
- foster a love of the creative process
- be inspired
Progression and Sequencing
Art is taught through a thematic approach across the whole school. Each year we build upon five key artistic skills.
|Autumn 1||Autumn 2||Spring 1||Spring 2||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|Drawing||Whole School Exhibition||Form and 3D||Texture||Pattern|
Each year, these skills are built upon and and children are exposed to a range of artists, subject specific vocabulary and have the opportunity to use a range of different media.
Please see he attachment below for this document.
It is delivered through the use of knowledge organisers that outline the intent for that unit.