Secondary Exam Results 2017 / 18
Our year 11 pupils have now completed all their public exams. They have worked extremely hard and now await the results of their hard work. A huge thank you to the staff and parents for all their support. Enjoy the summer.
Secondary Exam Results 2016/17
We are extremely proud of the successes and achievements of all our pupils. All have gained places Post 16, many at Grammar and Independent (a quarter).
- 5 GCSE subjects (including English and maths) above grade C (new grade 4) = 64%. [Grammar stream = 100%]
- Proportion of students getting A-C in both English AND maths (4+) = 69%
- Proportion of students getting A-C (grade 4 and above) in English= 78%
- Proportion of students getting A-C (grade 4 and above) in maths = 78%
- Proportion of students getting 5+ A*-A grades = 18%
- 57 grade 8 and 9’s (equivalent to A* and higher) in English and Maths – the grade 9 is achieved by the top 3% in the country.
- Attainment 8 = 46.33 = C+
- Progress 8 = -0.43 for the whole year group. As a small school the impact of a very small number of pupils can be disproportionate on the whole school outcome. If we were to remove 5 pupils with specific circumstances then our P8 becomes -0.09 . We are a comprehensive school where we take pupils from a wide spectrum of abilities. Our curriculum stretches all pupils irrespective of their starting point.